Jan 16, 2009

Climbing the tower.

I busted my ass, actually my head on this very water tower. Me and two "friends" decided we would climb the tower. As usual with these particular "friends" I went first.These "friends" being Chuck H. and my cousin Ray T. And so I began my spectacular assent. As I climbed higher things began looking small beneath me. My breath became labored as the altitude rose. The higher I got the dimmer their voices sounded from below. One misstep would spell disaster. And then it happened... my foot missed a rung and I fell. I plummeted like a missile into the ground, my head striking a rock. I was stunned by the impact. Blood covered my head and face. My stalwart "friends" bolstered my spirit with cries of " get up you ain't hurt"! Later, after arriving home from the neighborhood doctors office, I was told that I fell a unbelievable 4 feet. Rubbing my head and the bandage on it, I reflected on my close call with eternity and my good fortune. Later I would kick both their asses for talking me into such a hairbrained mission.

1 comment:

Chuck said...

We would skin our kids for doing the things we did when we were their age.