Nov 26, 2008

Useless but fun knowledge.

While indulging my oldies and "bubblegum jones"perusing youtube, I happened upon a bit of odd knowledge. The lead singer for the Edison Lighthouse(Love grows where my Rosemary goes), White Plain(My baby loves lovin), First Class (beach baby give me a hand) and Brotherhood of Man (United we stand) is a fellow by the name of Tony Burrows. He is the British version of Ron Dante of the Archies fame and of the Cufflinks (Tracie) and a myriad of television jingles. These gentlemen are perhaps the most sucessful nobodies in the music world. There, that'll keep you up at night.

2 comments:

Larry Reid said...

Excellent....I had no idea.
This gut sucked in many different incarnations.

Thomas Lawrence said...

Oh I don't know Reid, Beach Baby is considered 'high art' in some circles. Thank God Almighty I don't live in those circles.