Jul 23, 2008

I ain't never herd the like...

I wuz Jes driftin along, takin it slow when them boys showed up. Well, I'm down wid da rumatiz and a 5 yeer old cud whup my ice, if ye know whut I mean? Man, a hole lotta life done passed me by whilst I been laid up...and so I'm redewced down to tellin tales and observin the werld. Them boys both sed they always liked my observashuns and wondered if I'd like ta post on dey blog. Course, I didn't know whut the hail dey was talkin bout. I thawt the hole dam thang wuz kinda silly...and I told em so. But they heed and hawed around fer a spell and I finely gave in when thet Reid boy brawt out thet bottle of Jim Beem.

Well dey said thet dey knowed I knowed a lot about these hills an hollers up here, and from time to time they wont me ta drop by and tell ye a story about some linthead or ta other. Hail fire, I knowed a million of em. The boys then set up this here gadget for me ta make these here posts on. Sew, I gess I'll be droppin by.

By the way, Reid and Derm are purty good boys most of da time. They was brawt up rite. I knowed their mamas and deddys. Course, I ain't seen much of either of em since they moved off the Hill, and I ain't got know idee whut they been up ta since they wuz kids werkin in the duck mill.

So, til I git back by hear, yall take it easy, love ye neighbor like the good book says, and take keer of the old 'uns and the young 'uns.

Lester Cogwell

No comments: