Nov 27, 2014

Giving Thanks

Time to give thanks, it being Thanksgiving and all.
I do it everyday - thankful that I woke up and was able to walk to the bathroom.
Thankful that I have a bath room with a nice toilet to go to, which is neatly situated inside a log cabin that I'm thankful to still be residing in.
Also thankful that I can finally buy good coffee, whose aroma entices me to get out of the warm and cozy bed which I'm also thankful for.
I can say that I'm thankful to have a new kitty - although it is sometimes he who gets me out of bed before the aroma of the fresh-brewed java permeates my senses. In these instances, I'm thankful that a kitty can fly through the air and land with a thud without apparent injury.
Thankful for having a job, which affords the bathroom, the toilet, the coffee and the kitty food, all situated inside the log cabin. Thankful to have a car, albeit an old VW Jetta, which transports my ass to said job.
Thankful for family and friends, those near and far, who also motivate me to get out of the warm and cozy bed.  Without them I would have no one to bitch to about the job or the other members of the family.
God bless 'em!
We had Thanksgiving dinner with the in-laws, Peggy and Roger, today. I've mentioned the in-laws before in this blog (The in-laws). I'm thankful to them for making us a part of their family every year (and to intelligent conversation). They are really special!
I'm thankful for my granddaughter. She has brought another world into my life - one of ponies and fairies and tank engines and Barbies and pretend. I find it difficult to bend over to pick up a sock off the floor, but I'll drop on the floor for her any day to be a horsey, or a kitty, or to play with toy cars and trucks.
Very thankful for that!

Thankful for a wife - one whose been nagging me and feeding me, living with and loving me for over 37 years - I sure as hell wouldn't have stayed with me that long! She's a special chicklet, with a love for TV and a real distaste for retail customer service in it's present form, although I'm sure that she's thankful for a job right now.

I'm especially thankful to all those men and women of the services who saved us from the evils of Hitler, Stalin, Ho Chi Minh, Saddam Hussan, that fat Korean dude, and those Islamic State idiots - God bless you!
And while my thankful list is far from complete, I want to thank almighty God for giving my parents the ability to procreate, giving me a chance to rise from a warm bed in a little log cabin with the aroma of fresh brewed coffee in the air and go pee!