Mar 27, 2009

Re: Hallow's Eve

Those parties were a blast. I do regret some of my costume choices, but I had a couple of good ones. I think I made a damn good Mark Twain. I had the bushy hair and mustache ready to go.

So, it was you that gave me the flu...dayum!

The photo at the bottom shows t. durham portraying an eerily realistic Alexander Dularge flogging...me. As I said, I regret some of my costume choices. I think Tony and me watched C.O. about 20 times that year. His costume was a no brainer.

Then there was the party at Deb's when the old geezer next door set fire to an enormous, old stump in his backyard. The resulting blaze shot a plume of flames and sparks that drew quite a bit of attention...including the Belmont Fire department. I do remember yelling encouragement to him as he doused the the thing with gasoline. HI HO!

I think the party you infected with the Swine flu took place in Liberty (hwy 93) at the house of a guy named Raymond. I think that is where the jar of Jiff showed up too.

If we revived the party, today I would come as myself: a middle aged geezer with failing eyesight and dwindling bank account.

Nice post.

2 comments:

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Larry, just how long ago was that photo taken? Heh. Great costumes... looks like you boys knew howta have yerselves a good time.

Thomas Lawrence said...

ECI: photo is probably from 1985 or thereabout. There they are, two of your humble narrators in all their goofiness. Most likely the camera man was Larry Reid your other humble narrator. If we revive the party I'll be sure to live blog the festivities...then again...