Jan 1, 2009

You win some, you lose some and some get rained out...



The Tigers played tough today, but The Huskers were a little bit better. Clemson had the ball first and goal just inside the ten with a buck fifty to go...but it wasn't meant to be: Nebraska wins the Gator Bowl 26-21.

Hats off to Coach Swinney and the boys for rebounding from their mid season malaise to lay a little wood and regain some lost pride. Here's to better days.

And speaking of rebounding, it's time for college hoops! And what's this?!! Our beloved Tigers are 13-0, ranked in the top 20 and fresh off an imperial ass whipping of the hated South Carolina Gamecocks. Coach Purnell's team looks good. Don't be surprised to see them advance a round or two come March Madness time. You heard it first...right here at MTH.

And now we return to the mind addled, irreverent views of 'Midst The Hum.

3 comments:

Z said...

Off Topic but I have to ask: I just saw "THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS" in your list of favorite books. That line's in a favorite Judy Collins song of mine.....maybe it's even the title, I don't remember; Who wrote the book?

Thanks..

Thomas Lawrence said...

Happy New Year Z

The Moon is a Harsh Mistress was written by Robert A Heinlein.

I was a real Sci Fi geek back in another life.

Z said...

thanks! Judy Collins must have got it from him...I'll look into it!

I have to admit I never was into SciFi but I did get to meet Ray Bradley!