Dec 27, 2008

A Southern Christmas Day

Usually at Christmas time in South Carolina we're freezing our noogies off - Yes, we have a Winter-like period in the deep south and it gets cold. No, not a cheek clinching Minnesota type cold, but still cold by our bare footed, buck toothed standards.

But not this year. This year Christmas day was a balmy 63 degrees and your intrepid reporter had the opportunity to take a pontoon ride on beautiful Lake Keowee. And while we grits eaters harbor romantic notions about white Christmases, in reality we wouldn't trade a Christmas day like this one for all the snow in Fargo. The poor saps.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi and all my best wishes to you all for a great New year.

Chuck said...

Great pictures and I am happy you had a good day but I will take my white Christmas every year.

Thomas Lawrence said...

Thanks Chuck...sour grapes on my part I'm sure.

El Cerdo Ignatius said...

Larry, I wish you a belated Merry Christmas and all the best for 2009.

A boat cruise on a lake on December 25th? Wow.