Dec 8, 2008

Treading water in a sea of blogs...


The blogoverse is a big place. Hit the next blog tab at the top of your blogger page and you'll likely be confronted with all sorts of inane ramblings : Blogs about mommies, daddies and their entire brood of blograts. Blogs about kittens, puppies and hermit crabs (this lady and I share a love for The Beatles, but that's about it). Blogs by fuzzy little foreigners are everywhere. Not that there 's anything wrong with fuzzy little foreigners...unless they're trying to blow up the doughnut shop you're sitting in. But I digress. Then of course there are the blogs that dabble in opinion. Tens of thousands of them espousing all types of bloviational deviancy. Like they say, opinions are like elbows and ***holes, everybody's got one.

And I've got one...an opinion that is. Hence, I gravitate toward those bloggers that think somewhat like I do; you know, cross burning, uptight conservatives so strung out on Jesus that they don't know their asterisk from a semi colon. At least that seems to be the prevalent view of the right wing blogosphere from those progressive minded people who lurk in the comments section, patiently waiting on an idiotic post from an extra chromosome rightie-tightie blogger like yours truly. And I must admit, sometimes I oblige them by exhibiting just how provincial I am. Hi Ho.

And I intend to broaden my horizons just as soon as I get this Bible closed and get out of my pajamas.

Oh but I have a reciprocal lurking agreement with the progressive movement. I frequently check in on those paragons of open mindedness just to see what they're up to. Of course, over in Huffington-Puffington land you get no quarter...or should you. But that's freedom of speech for you: both a curse and a blessing. So I enjoy nuking the recycled hippies that post their hybrid nonsense while hiding behind their green teeth...er agenda. And they love to dish it back, and they do so, often times with spittle spewing diatribes worthy of doubling their Zoloft prescriptions. I do love to get a rise.

Yes the Blogosphere is a universe unto itself. How many blogs are there? Well, how many stars are there in the sky? How many grains of sand are there on the beach? How many people saw The Beatles on Ed Sullivan? How many morons are there hunched before their keyboards cranking out sophomoric drivel while their wives are screaming at them for not taking out the garbage? Who knows?

In any event, you gotta love the blogs. It one great big cyber fun house mirror of opinion tempered by every psychosis known to man...and some not yet named.

So I'm off now, Nurse Ratched is leering over my shoulder imploring me to calm down and take my medication. I'm OK, I'm OK, I'm OK.

5 comments:

Chuck said...

Is it getting to be time for Electric Shock Therapy? Good post. I agree, blogging is a blast and the fun part is that if someone doesn't agree with you, screw 'em. If they disagree, they're clearly wrong.

namaste said...

this is a GREAT post! LOL at your sardonic wit! you've summed it all up quite nicely about blogland.

;)

Thomas Lawrence said...

Chuck: "the next woman that takes me on is gonna light up like a pin ball machine and pay off in silver dollars". RP McMurphy.

Great post up on CTR regarding the car comps and the evil bureauacracy that is bailing them out. GRRRR..

namaste: Thanks...I guess I'll be a "truth seeker" over at MVOTWOC.

Anonymous said...

After I nuke the libs on my blog, they tend to go away. In fact, I was so blunt on a recent blog on sunspots, that I lost eight followers almost immediately after. I wear that as a badge of honor, where most bloggers wear the number of followers as a badge of honor.

I enjoyed your post.

EDGE said...

Hi Larry,

Thanks for visiting Edge's Conservative Movies the other day! I like your blog too and you can bet I will be back!

If you have a movie you think I should see or review, send it my way!