Nov 3, 2008

For what its worth...and it ain't worth much:


I'll get drunk and vote with Ann

I've waited until just hours before the election to do this. I've commented on politics here at MTH...some, but for the most part I've let it alone. For twenty years now I've voted for conservative politicians, or at least for politicians I thought were conservative. My view is that smaller government is better government, that individual liberty is best protected by less bureaucracy, that a man's dollars belong to him first and foremost, and that punishing achievement is the pathway to a fat, dumb and useless society. I still think that way.

On the dawn of this election in which a black man has advanced to the brink of the presidency, I suppose that I should be glad that our culture has shaken off it's racial antagonism and considered a black man as leadership material. On one level I am glad, but on a philosophical level I am disappointed. Barack Obama is not the black man that I would have chosen to break the presidential color barrier. He is the wrong choice on many levels and race is not one of them. His various and sundry associations alone disqualify him. Imagine a white politician with these kind of friends. Well, you can't, because he would have never been allowed to make it this far. I find it very difficult to look the other way at Obama when he spent twenty years nodding in agreement with a race baiting black liberation theologist that preaches hate for white people in general and America in particular. Lest we forget, Obama named one of his two autobiographies after a sermon by the above mentioned "reverend". I am further troubled by Obama's business dealings with an America hating home grown terrorist. Likewise, I fail to understand Obama's personal allegiance to an Islamic terrorist sympathizer who supports the extinction of Israel. Then there is Obama's community organizing which I view as nothing more than a narcissistic venture into gouging the fatted government calf for his own benefit. I find Obama's tax the rich plan a bitter, contrived attempt to further divide Americans through class envy. I have yet to hear an intelligent explanation of how Obama's plan to pile on further taxes and regulations will help the middle class. These so called taxes on the rich will most certainly be passed on to consumers through higher prices; higher prices will lead to less consumption; and less consumption will lead to higher unemployment. It happens that way every time it is tried. Our current banking calamity is not the sole result Bush policies and evil white rich people, but is instead the blind implementation of the very wealth redistribution policies that Mr. Obama is promising he'll employ. Sub prime lending began in earnest in the mid 1990's, and despite the many alarms raised by conservatives (and even some liberals) of impending disaster, was allowed to continue unabated until the crisis mongering Congress contrived the trillion dollar bank bailout. Sub prime lending is the ultimate "spread the wealth" vehicle. A revolting habit Obama adheres to without apology.

As for America's national security, Mr. Obama does not inspire confidence. While I don't believe that America is in eminent threat of destruction, I do believe that western civilization is in the fight of it's life with radical Islam. This freedom crushing cult currently metastasizing in Europe has it's eyes on the last bastion of individual freedom that still exists: The United States. Based on his radical associations and his own words both written and spoken, I fail to see how Barack Obama will protect our freedoms. Like most liberals, he is either unable or unwilling to see the threat on the horizon. Radical Islam does not respect weakness. It responds only to direct confrontation when it is called for. I do not see in Mr Obama a man who has the will, the desire or the courage to draw the line when it needs to be drawn: not on terrorism, not on unchecked immigration, not on the Marxists assault on individualism. He will merely carry on the putrid installation of "the new world order" of the last twenty years; the great tumble, at any cost, towards multiculturalism and political correctness. What is the bebefit of this useless drivel to anyone? ...Anyone?...Anyone?

Unfortunately, John McCain is no small government conservative. His views on illegal immigration are, from an economic and national security standpoint, dangerous. Likewise, his thirty year penchant for "reaching across the isle" (bleeech!) has greatly contributed to the undermining of small, responsible government and has lead to the development within America of an entitlement mentality that threatens our freedoms by encouraging a growing national stupidity. Ironically, it is this very "daddy government" mentality that bolsters his opponent's chance of becoming president. From a conservative point of view, McCain is not an attractive candidate.

So, the choice here is between terrible (McCain) and mind numbingly ignorant (Obama). I'll take Ann Coulter's advice and get drunk and vote for McCain. A nauseating case of better the devil you know.

There, I've said my piece and I'll leave it alone for now. But you can bet your arse that I'll be vocal and then some when this Commie nonsense implodes and all the Obamatrons out there are moaning and groaning about the length of their soup line. Oh yes I will.

3 comments:

Danny Wright said...

I was just trying to think of a list of the reasons not to vote for Obama. You have said it nicely. I am not enthused about this election, energised, or excited. I am only terrified. I have always understood peace in my soul. I'm afraid I will soon understand peace that surpasses understanding.

Thomas Lawrence said...

Thanks Dan. Well there was very little next to no reason to be enthused, energised, or excited about this turkey of an election. But, we can give to Ceasar what is his and keep our heads up in the knowledge that God takes care of these things HIS way.

As they say in foxholes, "stay frosty". Great job over at The Bumbling Genius. Keep up the good work.

Larry Reid said...

LTD.
I forwarded your blogpost "For what it's worth" to a couple of co-workers...here's one reply.
LR


LOVE IT!
Although I HATE to even see the words black or white ……….(which to me has NO bearing what so ever in this election or any other)…….it is what is best for our country and something I have been down on my knees praying about (and trust me I haven’t stepped foot in church since my brother was killed!!) but I’m not praying for me I am praying for my country!



Anyway, I have done so much research and as well as teaching my teenagers -2 of which get to vote for the first time today (coming of age) to research every candidate and others on the ballot……so they too can experience the feeling of the vote which so many people in so many countries will know or experience……

Politicians are Politicians’ – I call them the ‘yea, but’s’ – they ALL say “yea but” it wasn’t my fault or lets blame so and so - and I meant to say this……..but there’s certain things I believe in and one candidate doesn’t work for me……and that the great thing about our country! I have the Freedom to feel this way – and I’m so very proud my family is in the military fighting for our right to be Free!!!!!



Sorry I’m a rambler!!! Thanks for sending this!!! I enjoyed!!!
Meagan