Aug 1, 2008

Computer: "hail no"; Jim Beam: "pleezesir".

I heard from Lester Cogwell today. It appears he hasn't taken too well to all the gadgetry we laid on him when we invited him to share his unique observations on all things mill village. He told me very frankly that "I could have thet dayum kuntraption back; but keep braingin' the Jim Beam, it helps me concentrate".

So, old Lester will be "braingin' " me his astute ruminations ripped from a spiral bound notebook decorated with, in all likelihood, Jim Beam stains and cigarette burns. Lester tends to smoke his Viceroys right down to the filter and he gets a little sloppy the drunker he gets. Should be interesting.

Expect a missive concerning the "skatin rink" very soon. " A lotta crap went down when Donehue wutn't watchin". So sayeth the bard.

No comments: