Jan 25, 2009

Beer, baby-doll's and buffoons.

This saturday I was lucky enough to be invited by our esteemed compatriot and fellow Brandonian Larry Reid heretofore referred to as LR to the World Beer Festival in Columbia,SC. My duties were simple, carry a clipboard holding release forms for people to sign so we could use their statements and their image. My real job was to sample as many beers as I could and still remember my duties to the team. A job I was born for. Novice as I was to the world of media, I am a professional in the world of beer drinking. I thought that interviewing ten to twenty people might be tough sell...never more wrong.When people saw a camera they"com a runnin". Andy Warholls fifteen minutes of fame and all. Also I didn't factor in the Giovanna fan club members. Men from eighteen to sixty-five stampeded over me and anything or one in their path to talk to the incomparable Giovanna. I must say after watching her work a crowd of hammered buffoons I might join the club myself. The interviews started off slow but progressed at a steady volume as more beer was consumed by the "tasters". Some of the guys became a little amorous towards Giovanna after a beer or twelve. I thought to myself ..."this could get ugly". Not to worry, Giovanna handled them all with style and poise without any embarrassment or fisticuffs. I was delighted, a brawl might ruin the atmosphere. Now the baby-dolls.One might think that at an event such as this there would a drought of the fairer sex...not so. Actually there were as many women there as men. As with the guys the gals were not immune to camera infatuation. One of the female "guests" became enamored of our cameraman/boss LR and proceeded to intrude on nearly every shot with other baby-dolls by dancing like a twelve year old at a pajama party. Her flirtations with LR are unsuitable for print in this post. However will be used for blackmail in the future. A lot of footage was shot and interviews taken but I don't know how much will be used or could be understood without drunk interpreters. All in all I had a great time and will tune in to Cable vantage if I can find it in my viewing area thereby boosting their viewership to an even dozen.

3 comments:

Larry Reid said...

Yes, lot's of baby-dolls, plenty of beer but, alas, the buffoons outnumbered the former 2 to 1!
The babe in the light blue dress...now that alone was worth the price of admission.

Thomas Lawrence said...

Beer tends to exacerbate the buffoonery.

And what's this about the babe in the light blue dress? Anybody get a pic?

Larry Reid said...

Stay tuned to On The Street on YouTube...she'll be in there somewhere.